What Types of Treatments are Considered Cosmetic Dentistry?
What Can Cosmetic Dentistry Improve?
- Crooked teeth
- Chipped broken teeth
- Missing teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Teeth that are too short or too long
- Stained or discolored teeth
Though cosmetic dentistry is largely focused on the aesthetics of teeth, which improves confidence and quality of life, there are some health benefits of cosmetic dentistry.
What are the Health Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry?
- Orthodontic procedures can make it easier to clean between and reach teeth, reducing the chances of decay, infection, and other periodontal diseases.
- Cosmetic dentistry can reduce bruxism (the grinding of teeth), which in return improves the long-term strength of your teeth.
- Cosmetic procedures can fix broken, chipped or cracked teeth making them stronger and reducing the chance of future complications with additional chipping or breaking.
- By improving your smile you are improving confidence and quality of life. It is scientifically proven that smiling activates neural messaging in your brain. This not only improves happiness, but your overall health by releasing dopamine, endorphins and serotonin - fighting of stress, lowering the heart rate and blood pressure, and also acting as a natural pain reliever.
If you are interested in improving the appearance of your smile, schedule your dental appointment today! To find a location near you, click here.